Thursday, November 11, 2010

Days 23 & 24

Day 23-Favorite vacation
I have two. Most obviously, one of my favorite vacations was going to Puerta Vallarta with my sweet husband to celebrate our new marriage. There is something so tender and special about a honeymoon. No matter how long you've been together, knowing that you're in a special place, celebrating one of the greatest gifts of life - finding your soul mate - is overwhelming. It's thrilling knowing that you just committed your life to someone else. It's even more exhilarating knowing deep down that you didn't hesitate about it - not even once.
That being said, we also were VERY lucky with our honeymoon because one of Sean's dear friends lent us there villa for the entire week. How do you say no to that? Not only did we get to stay in one of the most beautiful places, but we got to stay in one of the most beautiful villas. I understand that giving us their villa for a week really wasn't anything to them, but the deep appreciation Sean and I felt and still feel is incredible. The selflessness of that move was so touching.
And did I mention we were in Puerta Vallarta?! And did I mention it was the first REAL vacation Sean and I took by ourselves?! AHH! :)
I would post pictures, but you can go a few posts down and see pictures from our outstanding honeymoon...

The second 'vacation' (and I have to put ' ' around vacation because it wasn't really a vacation) that I deem as one of my favorites was when Sean and I drove to Garner State Park and camped for a few days. I think we had more fun then most couples have when camping. For one, we really love camping. For two, we don't need more people to be with us to have a good time. We biked, we hiked, we played card games and drank beer and laughed for h o u r s. I really love that man!


Day 24-Something you've learned

I've learned that...


  • There's so much truth to never going to bed mad. On Bored to Death (one of our favorite HBO shows) there's a small segment where the main character asks how this guy and his wife have made it work for so many years and his response is "Never go to bed mad" and the main character laughs and says how cliche that is and the guy looks at him and says ... "it's cliche because its true" and ever since then I've thought "he's right, it's so true!". There is nothing worse than going to bed sleeping on opposite sides of the bed. You don't sleep well. You wake up feeling awful. It's not fun.
  • Saying goodnight and giving each other a kiss good night is so important. It makes me sad the nights that Sean falls asleep before he rolls over and kisses me good night. It's such a small gesture that speaks volumes.
  • You really have to be thankful for what you're given. So often we think about what we want versus being thankful for what we have. Sean and I definitely get caught up in the things we want to do and the things we want to buy and sometimes we have to just take a step back and look at all of the wonderful things we have - we're both healthy, very happily married, with a house and furniture and the ability and means to go about daily life...
  • Family is the best thing in the world. I love both of my families infinitely.
  • Friends are one of God's greatest gifts. My friends keep me sane. I try to see them as often as possible while still making time for just Sean and I... but really, I love my friends.
  • Oh and on a lighter note - my cats are the greatest!

:) It's Thursday! One more day til the weekend is upon us!

And in case anyone forgot - it's Veteran's Day. I am so thankful for all of the veterans who have served and continue to serve for our country, so that we can be free. It's such a huge sacrifice, and one that we often forget about in our every day lives. I know one person that never forgets what a sacrifice it is - my lovely best friend Jennifer - as her husband serves in the Navy and frequently has to be gone for days or weeks at a time. Having Kyle be in the Navy has made Jen one of the strongest women I know and I admire them so much for living the life they live so that we can live the life we live.

Happy Veteran's Day, everyone.

xoxo

Rache

1 comment:

  1. Aww Rache! Thank you for that =) I really am very proud of the life we live! I love you!

    ReplyDelete