Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day 19 & 20

I think I'm going to start combining days, I feel like 30 days is a long time to have 'scheduled' posts and as uninteresting as my life is, I would like to post about other things.

SO

Day 19-Something you miss

I miss my best friend. She's in Virginia and I hate that. I already have a house reserved for her in my neighborhood, right down the street. (*ahem* it's still for sale jen).

I miss being a kid sometimes and being able to play all day.

I miss swimming. I was an avid swimmer growing up, and swam competitively until I was about 16. Now I really wish I had kept up with it (though getting a car - which meant getting a job - was way more important than swimming when I was 16 obviously)

I miss my husband. I know that's stupid sounding, but really, some days I get to work and I just wish more than anything that I was at home spending time with him.

I miss certain friends and the bonds that we had that have since diminished. Some of them I'm not even sure what happened, but I wish to God that it hadn't happened and that we were still as close.

I miss my sister and her family. I hate that they live in California and I never get to see them. I wish we were closer so that we could be closer. Love you sis!


Day 20 - Nicknames
 
I don't really have a whole lot of nicknames... I have always been called 'Rache' by my closest friends, though I don't know if that counts because it's a shortened version of my name. For a long time I got referenced as "Lizard" by one of my ex's and his group of friends. If you're wondering where "Lizard" came from it's because my middle name is Elizabeth. And from Elizabeth, Lizard was born. My best friend called me Arby (RB... Rachael Blanton) in college and Penguin. :) Don't ask.
 
And that's that. Last night we were super lazy, though we did hang out with Matt & April for a while, and little Asher (nephew) and Roxie (MIL) came over to play for a bit. It's fun seeing Sean interact with his nephew because it just reminds me how wonderful of a dad he is going to be whenever we decide to have kids. I love that man.
 
 
Hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday and just remember - tomorrow is WEDNESDAY which marks the middle of the week! WOO!
 
xoxo
 
Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment