Monday, March 14, 2011

Race Recap

Let's just say I had an exceptionally sucktastic run on Saturday.

They can't all be good ones, right? My husband willingly (read: forced) came with me on Saturday morning to the Woodlands for the Clover 5k at The Goose's Acre pub. Due to my extreme fear of being late anywhere we got there around 8:30. IN MY DEFENSE packet pick-up was from 8-10 and then the race was at 10. Packet pick up took up all of 10.5 seconds and then we had an hour and a half to kill (whoops).

Pre-race I felt good (ok, I actually felt jittery. I woke up at 5 to my old phone dying and doing some horrendous beeping noise and then I couldn't go back to sleep. So I had coffee. Biggest.mistake.EVER.)

This was the first race that I listened to my iPod during. The verdict is still out on whether I will be doing this again or not.

Here we all are pre-race waiting to run. See if you can find me in that blurriness... Haha no don't. You can't see me.

Here I am stopping my iPod after the race.


I am worn out (more on that later) but he sure is cute!



Happy to be done. Worst run ever.

Post run beer. Duh.

I don't know why all those pictures are so small, but whatev. Things I learned from this race:

1. I can't drink coffee pre-race. It makes me cramp up IMMEDIATELY. And by immediately I mean the first step I took I had a stitch in my side. This alternated the entire race making it the longest run ever.

2. Signage is everything. There were slim to none in regards to the course. You know what that means? We all took a wrong turn somewhere, turning a 5k into a 4 mile run. Horrible. When you check your watch and see you're breaking 30 minutes on a "5k" when the last one you ran in 25 it doesn't do wonders for the self esteem. It wasn't til later that I learned we ran too far.

3. Wind sucks. I felt like I was running backwards at points.

They did, however, give us the cutest shirts ever. I'll have to take a pic and show you later.

In other news, I got my hair cut! I went in yesterday to get it re-highlighted and trimmed and then I just cut it off. I can't really explain what got into me, but I'm glad that I did because I LOVE IT. And normally I am adverse to me having short(er) hair, but I just really like it this time around!

Check out my ridiculously good office lighting that is totally going to do my hair justice.


OK you really can't even see, but I cut about 4 inches off. Gone! Just like that! It was very liberating.

That's all I have in me to post right now. I'll explain my awesome Sunday run later.


5 comments:

  1. Very cute haircut!

    I can't run with my ipod. It messes up my breathing. I don't know if I start breathing to the beat of the music or what. haha. Something about it throws me off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the haircut! Super cute.

    I thought about doing that race, but I have a 5k coming up next weekend (not this coming weekend), so I thought, naah. I hope they do it again next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the new hair! I've been needing to do SOMETHING.

    Sorry to hear your race didn't go so well. 10am is an odd time for a race start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hair cut! I remember a few years back we discussed how we always "chop" our hair and then don't like it and regret it... SOO glad you like it though, perfect for summer!!! Hmmm kinda tempting.........

    ReplyDelete