Tuesday, March 15, 2011

First things first.

How cute and St. Patricksy is this?? Definitely one of my favorite shirts from a race thus far! And it totally makes up for how sucky the actual run was. I promise, if you shower me with cute things I will love you.

DSW was kind enough to send me a $20 off a $50 purchase coupon because I hadn't bought anything from them in so long. (Coupons work on me as well, gimme gimme and I'll give to you too), so naturally I went on my lunch break today.

I was debating between some ridiculously cute wedges that I have no immediate function for but am positive if given the time and means I could build an outfit around, however when I wandered into the Clearance section I found the shoes that stole my heart. $70 Sperry's that are 30% off and then an additional $20 off? Done annnnnd done.

Those bad boys and I made it to the checkout line as quick as we possibly could without looking completely ridiculous.

I don't know how you (yes, YOU) feel about fruit in your salad, but I'm a bit of a skeptic. Being the skeptic that I am, I was thinking about how gross I thought it was Sunday, which is how I ended up with this:


Yeah I got nothin'. It was delicious. Spring mix, sunburst tomatoes, avocado, strawberries and blueberries with olive oil vinaigrette? New fav. I'll never doubt fruit in salad again. And look how pretty it is!

I know that I've raved about my phone ENOUGH, especially because I was living in the Dark Ages far longer than anyone else in the U.S., but having FM radio on my phone has been the biggest blessing. It makes work so much more enjoyable now that I can listen to 94.5. ALL.DAY.LONG. I <3.

Oh and I did promise to talk about my awesome Sunday run, so now seems as good a time as any. I had a pretty busy Sunday full of super important things (you know, new hair color, new hair cut, outlet shopping with my good friend Allison... I told you - SUPER important), but I did get up early and lace up for a run.

I drove over to Bridgeland (which has my heart, I love that neighborhood) and ran for about 7 miles. It was glorious. About the time I was thinking of quitting Eminem called me up started rapping on my iPod about how failure wasn't an option, so instead of quitting I picked up the pace and ran 10 minutes longer than I was originally going to. You tell 'em Slim.

On that note, everyone should add some Eminem to their play list and I'm going back to work.

OH and I totally had my first real brush with temptation last night per eating at Chuy's with Sean's fam and am proud to say I didn't eat a single chip. Take THAT chips, I take my lent give-ups seriously!

1 comment: