Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A little off

This whole week has been a little off for me. Luckily, I do know and understand why it's been off, I just am an idiot haven't done anything about it yet.

I diligently track my workouts so that I can see what I'm doing/how I'm feeling during and after/etc. This does not necessarily mean that I pay attention to when my last rest day occurred. And let me tell you: rest days are just as important than every other workout day you have. Because you can do strength training and cardio til you're blue in the face (which I have) but your body definitely needs to play catch up sometimes.

I know this.

I preach this.

I have blatantly ignored this.

See, somewhere in there I knew that my last 'rest day' was the Friday before the Clover 5k. Seems like that was pretty recent right? Yeah we're at day 12 of not having taken a day off. Am I an idiot? Possibly.

I was going to take Monday off. Except it was so gosh darn pretty outside that I ran anyway. And I didn't run easy either, I ran fast. Like I said, I am an idiot sometimes.

So when I got up yesterday I didn't work out. But traffic got the better of me so I bee-lined for Pilates after work. I mean, it's just stretching, that shouldn't be bad, right? And then I got up and ran this morning. And I'll be going to yoga tomorrow night. And I'll be running Friday. And Saturday will be a glorious day. Heck, I might take Sunday off too. Let's not get too ahead of ourselves there though.

Suffice it to say, I'm tired. My legs are tired, my whole body is tired. I haven't done one ounce of strength training this week and I don't feel bad about it at all. But I am looking forward to tomorrow being my Friday, our house (finally!) being cleared out of garage sale stuff, and this weekend quickly approaching.

Til next time.

2 comments:

  1. So jealous that tomorrow is your Friday! Enjoy the early weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I forget you're suppossed to rest too. I learned this the hard way during marathon training though. I've gotten better at really reading what my body needs overtime. Hope your garage sale goes well!

    ReplyDelete