Friday, March 11, 2011

A little bit of Friday randomness

Since Lent seems to be the hot topic right now (can't imagine why, considering it started on Wednesday) I should just go ahead and get out of the way what I am sacrificing for Lent. Sigh.

1. Liquor (Disclaimer #1: these days I don't really drink a lot at all but I do love a good vodka tonic, margarita, or blood mary here and there, so this is my baby give-up... As in, the one that I think I can do no sweat)

2. Chocolate (Disclaimer #2: I am not a huge chocolate fan as is, BUT I did somehow get into the habit of eating a hershey kiss (or two or three) after lunch every.single.day so this is my intermediate give-up)

3. Chips and salsa (Disclaimer #3: I am dying. I have been thinking about chips and salsa nonstop since I decided that I should go without these. This is my huge give-up).

Another disclaimer: These are my own personal views. I am doing this just to see if I can do it, not really for my religious affiliations. I keep typing out a lot more to say about why I am or am not doing this, but the bottom line is this is just what I'm doing this time around. Done.

In other news, as I've already babbled on about how March is National Nutrition Month and I am trying to eat tons of fruits and veggies, I thought I'd show you how good I'm doing just with breakfast alone...

BAM:


How's that for a health smoothie of (half) a banana, spinach, strawberries, raspberries and blueberries??
I think I covered a good amount of colors in that one. How's that for being super healthy??

Oh and new favorite pre-yoga snack:

Delicious.

I haven't run once this week which kind of scares me as far as tomorrow is concerned. I've progressively gotten faster and faster at running 5ks but now that I've taken almost an entire week off running I'm not sure how that's going to fare.

Hopefully I'll run fast? I've tried to lure Sean into going with me with the promise of beer afterwards (it's at a pub) but then I got to thinking that I don't want to sit around the bar all day (this girls got things to do!) so now I'm betting he won't go.

Oh and I made the MASSIVE mistake of telling Sean how I still couldn't do a pull up and he tried to "coach" me into being able to do one yesterday when I got home from yoga. Hello, I already have no limbs now, and you want me to try to do a pull up? Needless to say we both spent a lot of time laughing. Him because I am the worlds worst at pull ups and me because I was embarrassed as I watched him do one-handed pull ups.

Give me a break.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on the pull ups! I've always wanted to do one....I tried training & lifting for several months and made ZERO progress. You gave up lots of things for Lent, but you will be healthier for it :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete