Monday, December 6, 2010

It's the start of something...

I'm not even sure where to begin with this post, I feel like it's been quite some time since I've posted. I actually had a long post typed out on Friday, but by some freak accident I deleted it and I didn't have it in me to go back and retype everything, nor did I think I could capture what I was trying to say...

Last week wasn't the best for me. Nothing bad necessarily happened, but I started having eye infection problems again towards the middle of the week and by Friday I wasn't feeling well at all (being a girl is no fun sometimes!) I ended up having to skip going out to celebrate my dear friend Allison's birthday, which I was upset about, but sometimes sleep is what you need! And sleep I did, I was asleep by 9 on Friday night! That NEVER happens, but really, it was nice to catch up.

Needless to say, Saturday I woke up early (who would've thought? haha)... I worked out (easy work out though) and then went and did as much Christmas shopping as I could. I bought everything! I'm now done Christmas shopping for my brother, mom, and Sean. I bought cute little boxes to put cookies in for my coworkers ($1 at Walmart? Yes, please!) and started on some gifts for some close friends. I'm hoping to finish up this week, I hate waiting until the last minute to finish!

After, I did a little bit of house cleaning and then the hubs and I went to his family's house to celebrate his dad's birthday and take family photos. After that we went home and I was in bed early again... I don't know what is with me lately! I have just been craving sleep. But it's been wonderful :)

Then SUNDAY!!! I was so excited and nervous for Sunday because I ran my first 5k ever! I ran the Mistletoe 5k, which was only 3 or 4 exits away from our house, and let me tell you, I LOVED it! I left early and naturally it was freezing when I got there, but despite how cold it was when I finished I just wanted to be in shorts. My sweet, sweet friend Jenn tried to surprise me there, but couldn't reach Sean in time, but her words of encouragement pre-race kept me going throughout.

Saturday Sean had asked if I cared if he went golfing Sunday morning... I said I didn't mind, but deep down I was a little sad that he wasn't going to be at the finish line when I ran in. Well, let me tell you just how wonderful my husband is! I ran into the finish line and as I was walking off the high of running I looked up and there he was, standing there smiling, waiting to give me a hug! Have I mentioned how crazy I am about him?!? He is the BEST.

I had a pretty lazy Sunday after that. Came home and chatted with Jen on the phone for a while (it had been TOO long since we'd really talked!) then came in and chatted with my other JenN online for a while (also, way too long since we'd talked!)... Sean left to play golf and I went and bought some more Christmas decorations and decorated the house a little more, did some laundry and cleaned the house, watched football and made lasagna (which was delectable, I might add). Then we finished off the night watching the season finale of Boardwalk Empire and hubs finished watching football while I went to read.

All in all, it was a GREAT weekend. First weekend in a while I haven't gone out at all, but I wasn't sad about that in the least. It was actually really nice to just stay in and off the radar for a while!

I'm thinking about running a 5k in Sugar Land this weekend. Haven't quite decided yet. We shall see!

Hope you all have a spectacular Monday!


xoxo

Rachael

1 comment:

  1. Not going out for one weekend is perfectly OK, sometimes you need those weekends!!!

    SO SO sorry I wasn't at the finish line with him waiting for you, if I would of known he lost his phone (crazy boy) I would of found another way to contact him on Friday!! BUMMER!!! SO SO SO cute he showed up and surprised you though :)

    LOVE You!!!

    ReplyDelete