Monday, December 13, 2010

I am full of Christmas cheer right now!

Yesterday was a wonderfully relaxing day - Sean went to play golf so I had some much appreciated alone time yesterday. There is something so relaxing about sitting at the kitchen table with a hot cup of coffee, knowing that the house is already clean, the groceries are already bought, and the only thing you have ahead of you is a day filled with Christmas activities... :)

I spent the morning browsing the newspaper ads and cutting coupons before I bundled up and faced the (beautiful, might I add) day. I had to go to two different Academy's before I found the gift my brother and I are giving my dad for Christmas and then I stopped into Michael's for some more Christmas items, ran into Target to get tape and rounded off with a (non-fat) Gingerbread Latte from Starbucks. Delightful! I listened to Christmas music all day - both in the car and at home - and spent the afternoon wrapping presents. Now our stockings really are hung by the chimney with care, and there's a nice spread of gifts waiting for eager hands to unwrap them beneath our tree. When Sean got home we piled back into the car and went to Michael's again (had to get some more wrapping related items, hehe) and then to Ross to look for gifts for his family's Christmas exchange. (And yes, we listened to Christmas music the entire time).

Then it was home to decorate our tree, light a fire, cuddle up on the couch and watch football. Sounds pretty perfect to me. (Have I mentioned that I have the best husband in the entire world? Well, I do.)

To back track though, we had a girl's dinner on Friday night that was quite fun and always needed. I truly cherish being able to spend time with girlfriends away from the guys. Everyone needs that escape time, and there's something so comfortable about swapping stories and catching up.

Saturday was nothing too notable, I did a lot of Christmas shopping, house cleaning, and grocery shopping. My parents came over for dinner and we had homemade fajitas (they were so good!) and wine. I love catching up with family as much as I love catching up with girlfriends. We went out for a little bit on Saturday night and met up with some friends, but neither Sean nor I was really feeling like being out so we didn't stay for long.

I'm hoping for a quick week this week, because next week is Christmas week! I am really looking forward to all of the family time and every one's cheerful moods.

I hope everyone else is enjoying the holidays as much as I am!
xoxo

Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment