Wednesday, December 15, 2010

my LEAST favorite thing about holidays in an office

I am probably about to go against what most people love about holidays in an office.

But my very least favorite thing about working in an office during the holidays:

All the treats that make their way into the door. You see, I have no will power. Zero. If there is something that I like a lot (like candied, chocolate, or salted pecans - and yes, we have a tin of all three sitting in our kitchen right now) then every time I walk into that stupid kitchen I have to have some. A few here, a few there, and before you know it I've eaten 27 pecans. And yes, I know the exact number, because I've walked in there on three separate occasions and each time I've grabbed three of each. Thus, 27.

GO AWAY FOOD. I'm going to have to skip dinner tonight in order to make up for this.

How many people are dying to see this movie:


Because I am dying to see this. And I've talked Allison into going with me ;)

Sean and I, courtesy of one of my clients, got to see a screening of:


Um, yes please. Let me tell you why. Better yet, let me show you:

I know a few people that are not Marky Mark fans, but let me tell you, I swoon for him. Maybe it's because him and my husband have a lot of the same characteristics. And Sean? Well, he may have a slight man crush on him. We both liked the movie. It comes out Friday, for anyone wondering.

I also decided that by taking Sean to see that movie, I was quite possibly the best date ever.

Wanna know why? :) I figured. Because I took Sean to dinner, bought him margaritas and dinner, took him to a movie - and not a chick flick, but the movie he wanted to see (yes, yes, I got the screening tickets for free, but that's beside the point, it's the best perk I've gotten so far for my job) - and after all that, I didn't even make him drive me home, I drove myself ;) (we met at the restaurant/theater after work). Ha ha ha. I am AWESOME.

Anyway, back to work I go.

xoxo

Rachael

2 comments:

  1. Dang am I good and do I KNOW you!!! As soon as I read the title I knew exactly what it was gonna say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaha STUPID HOLIDAY SWEETS!!! I HATE THEM! :) And love them, sigh.

    ReplyDelete