Monday, February 28, 2011

uuughhhh

That is how I'm feeling today.

I mentioned before that eating out was getting to be too much for me when taken in big quantities? Um, in case I had any doubts - this is affirmed.

But let me back track.

On Friday I was having one of those days where everything is annoying (I hate that!!). Sean called me around 2:30 to say that he stopped at cook-off because he was in the area and one of our friends wives dad (got that?) had a tent so Sean got in for free. He wanted me to call him when I got off work and meet him down there, but after a lot of debating I decided to just go home and let Sean hang out with his guy friends.

So I popped into Target on the way home, snagged a bottle of wine and some cleaning things, and then locked myself in my house, cranked up the country music, poured a glass of wine, and cleaned the entire house from top to bottom. Lame way to spend Friday night? Maybe. But I had a good time and was thoroughly relaxed after. Then I snuggled onto the couch and read until Sean got home, and then went to bed.

Ideal Friday night? Maybe not for some, but I definitely needed it.

Saturday my little brother came over around 9am and the three of us loaded up and went to go buy a treadmill for me! (Happy Birthday Luke? It was his birthday Friday. I find it only appropriate that I buy a treadmill for myself to celebrate him? heh.) After picking up the treadmill (which I am so very excited about!!!) the boys went to play paintball and I headed out to grocery shop and pick up a present for my brother.

Once they got home we went and had sushi. It was delicious as always, but I left feeling really full even though I didn't eat a whole lot. We came home and played cards and watched Due Date and then called it a night.

Sunday we were all pretty lazy. I did some intervals on the treadmill and then my brother and I went for a bike ride - lot of fun, perfect weather.

Then we met my parents for Mexican food to celebrate Luke's birthday. My mom and I split fajitas for one, but I was still not feeling great after eating - we all had a margarita and who can really say no to chips and salsa? We had carrot cake at my parents house after and then Sean and I went home. I felt awful. I woke up feeling awful. I still don't feel great.

It took every ounce of me to make it to work today. My head hurts, my stomach hurts, and Sean tried to make me stay home. But I wasn't willing to give up a perfectly good day off just because I'm feeling off. So here I am!

I did dress cute to work today though, because I've found that on the days that I am dreading going in, dressing up makes it a little better.

It's another gorgeous day. I wish I could work outside for living on days like this!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Hopefully I will get my camera fixed soon so that I can start adding pictures back in... :-/ One day!

1 comment:

  1. Cleaning is the last thing I'd be doing while drinking wine...I'd probably spill and have a bigger mess than i started with! I've had my treadmill about 6 months & really enjoy it. I bought a little tray on Amazon where I can set my laptop and watch photoshop/photography tutorials. Hope you have a better rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete