Wednesday, February 9, 2011

from CNN to me and from me to YOU

From CNN to YOU.

I thought I would share this article from the CNN web page - I picked it up from my Pilate's instructor after class last night and do think its useful for anyone struggling with fitness resolutions.

Speaking of, I am so so glad I went to Pilate's last night - it was definitely what I needed. It kind of makes me wonder why I stopped going in the first place. I ran an easy mile before the class and the core work that Pilate's focuses on was a perfect compliment to that.

And as for my 15 minute circuit session that I did yesterday? I am unbelievably sore today... but I biked through it for 45 minutes this morning. I used to hate the stationary bike, but I'm growing to love it more and more. For a while I was going to spin classes, which are INTENSE workouts, but I stopped when I moved because the classes are at all the wrong times. But I think I'm going to try to find a way to start going again, at least once a week. 

I'm slightly debating doing a triathlon (not without some serious training first though!). Every now and then on active.com (which I highly recommend everyone check out!!) one of the gyms - I can't remember if its Lifetime or LA Fitness - will host an indoor triathlon. It is much shorter than an outdoor one, but I think it'd be a good jumping off point. So we'll see :)

In non-fitness related news (geeze my last two posts have been filled with it - can you tell what I've been focused on??) I made some wonderful clam chowder last night! I've never made clam chowder before, but I think I will be making it more often - it was delicious! And it really didn't take a whole lot of time or effort. You can find the recipe here. The only thing I didn't add in was the bacon because I didn't realize when I was grocery shopping this weekend that I didn't have any at the house... And let's be honest I probably would have omitted it anyway :)

I also dumped a ton of spinach and artichoke and chocolate candy on my office today - enjoy coworkers, so I don't have to!! Easy fix :) It made for quite the spectacle when I was leaving for work this morning though, trying to balance dip, a box of chocolates, chips, my lunch, my purse, my breakfast, my water bottle, and my coffee cup out to the car - all while simultaneously locking the front door/unlocking my truck. Hehe. But I made it alive!! Rain and all!!

And sorry for the massive over-blogging of late, but this rainy, miserably cold weather makes me feel like writing!

STAY WARM!

No comments:

Post a Comment