Monday, February 21, 2011

Race Recap & everything else

This past Saturday I ran the Chik Fil A 5k with my sweet mom.



I was really excited because:

1. My mom and I have never run a 5k together
2. This was my mom's first 5k ever
3. It was really close, and local races are the best

I'll be honest though, I didn't have a good run. Well, I did and I didn't. The run itself was awful for me and I'm not entirely sure why. I guess maybe I was just having an off day. Maybe I started out too fast, though I didn't really feel like I did. Maybe I shouldn't have had coffee before. I don't know. But around Mile 2 I started getting the dreaded side cramp, which I haven't gotten from running 3 miles in a long time.

Regardless, I forced myself to keep going, and surprisingly enough, had a GREAT 5k time for me. My official race results were 25:08, which is my best to date. I also was fourth in my age group, so that was pretty exciting for me. My mom finished in 29:25 - go Mom!!

Another cool thing about the 5k? I got to run into the lovely Britt, whose blog everyone should check out - she's a phenomenal fitness inspiration and runner - she was first in our age group! Way to go Britt!!

After the 5k my mom and I did what anyone would do... we went home and walked their dogs. Oh wait, do most people not do that? ;) And then we celebrated by going shopping, yayyy!

I was really hoping for a good haul from shopping, but clothes just weren't in the agenda. I did, however, score some new workout clothes from the Target clearance section and then these awesome finds at Kohls:


I have been needing a new vacuum and this one is awesome! I was really excited to vacuum Sunday, which is kind of sad.

via

After that Sean and I went to Nuclear Cowboyz, which was AWESOME. Oh man, we had a great time.

via

And all in all, Sunday was pretty relaxed. Woke up insanely early and went for a run. Did some cleaning, grocery shopping, and got a (much needed) pedicure. 

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend and are getting to enjoy this awesome weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment