As you may already know, I have taken on Jillian Michael's Ripped in Thirty challenge. If you missed the recap of Week 1 you can find it here.
I feel like I might as well get this out of the way and say that this challenge may not be entirely fair because I haven't been watching my diet at all the past couple weeks and I haven't been running quite as much either, so my weight has been fluctuating between 5lbs for the past 3 weeks. One of these days I'll get my act together and get my eating under control, but sweets cravings have attacked in full force. (I have sworn off desserts for this week to try and calm down my huge sweet tooth, WISH ME LUCK.)
But back to RIT Week 2 Review :)
I managed to get in all three sessions that I wanted to Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday.
What I Liked
- one thing that I really have liked is being able to do something in roughly 30 minutes on Saturday morning and then go on about my day
- going back to last week, I really like the way the 3 minute of strength is broken up with 30 second moves at a time
- I felt that she did a really good job of switching up the moves so that you really weren't doing any of the same moves as week 1 (you did do variations of moves from week 1, but they were a little more intense)
What I Didn't Like
- there were a LOT of variations on planks... I have no issue with this because I do love planks, but it was a little hard for me to transition into the next strength move and never move out of the plank position... and then follow up with the cardio moves being in the plank position as well... these little arms were tired
- at one point she pretends to bite one of the girls butts. little odd. (I felt it wouldn't be complete without a weird Jillian thing thrown in there)
Overall: Still happy. Week 2 is definitely more difficult than Week 1, but that's the point right?