Friday, October 22, 2010

30 Day Challenge

I've seen the 30 day blog challenge in a couple of places and  I think I'm going to give it a go. It seems like a good, solid way to get into blogging, right?! So here it is and here we go!:
30- Day Challenge

Day 1-Introduce, recent picture, 15 interesting facts


Day 2-Meaning behind your blog name


Day 3-Your first love


Day 4-Your parents


Day 5-Your siblings


Day 6-A picture of something that makes you happy


Day 7-Favorite movies


Day 8-A place you've traveled to


Day 9-A picture of your friends


Day 10-Something you're afraid of


Day 11-Favorite tv shows


Day 12-What you believe


Day 13-Goals


Day 14-A picture you love


Day 15-Bible verse


Day 16-Dream house


Day 17-Something you're looking forward to


Day 18-Something you regret


Day 19-Something you miss


Day 20-Nicknames


Day 21-Picture of yourself


Day 22-Favorite city


Day 23-Favorite vacation


Day 24-Something you've learned


Day 25-Put your iPod on shuffle, first 10 songs


Day 26-Picture of your family


Day 27-Pets


Day 28-Something that stresses you out


Day 29-3 Wishes


Day 30-a picture

Day 1 - Introduce, recent picture, 15 interesting facts

My name is Rachael and I am 24 years old. I'm married to my best friend and we have been married six fast blissful months. I have an excellent and stable family and am blessed with parents who have been fortunate enough to have a lasting, wonderful relationship - they are my role models! I am also blessed that Sean's parents have an equally stable marriage - something that I think has played into Sean and I and what we wanted in our own marriage.

Here is a recent picture of Sean and I after we got engaged last year. It is the perfect depiction of our relationship, combining two things we both love - each other and being outside:


15 Interesting Facts
  • I love to buy shoes. Of any kind. I tend to buy heels that I don't wear often and I live in my grey converse shoes.
  • I love to run and wish I could run farther than I currently do. But considering I was never a runner growing up, I think I'm doing OK.
  • Speaking of - I am signed up to run my first 5k in January! And after that, I am going to tackle a 10k.
  • Summer is my favorite season because I love swimsuits and flip flops. But fall holds a special place in my heart because that means one thing - CAMPING!!
  • I learned how to wakeboard this past summer. It was terrifying exhilirating. I never wanted to before because if you know my husband, you know that he is the kind of person that gets on a wakeboard and does backflips.
  • My mom is hands down my best friend. And so is my dad. I love my parents indescribably and am incredibly close to both of them.
  • I am blessed to have two parents that have set a shining example for me as to what marriage is... And even more blessed that Sean's parents did the same. I think it defined what our marriage is and will be.
  • The day after I met Sean I told my best friend I would marry him. A year and a half later we were dating. And here we are today.
  • I love to write and edit. It was always my dream job to be a magazine editor.
  • Cooking and baking are two of my favorite relaxing things.
  • I am a health nut. But I can rarely turn down ice cream or french fries. And if I'm at Wendy's then I have been known to dip my french fries in my frosty.
  • Speaking of Wendy's - I almost never eat fast food. I would much rather be cooking.
  • I love to take vacations where you can be active too. Perfect vacation in my opinion? Somewhere beautiful where I could go hiking and kayaking.
  • I love love love to read. Books are windows to a different world for me and I always live vicariously through the characters.
  • I am awesome at playing washers. And if Sean and I are on a team together, we will most likely beat you. Not trying to be cocky, we're just good. Some weekends we just play each other in our backyard for hours - its one of my favorite things to do!
There you have it!

xoxo

Rachael

1 comment:

  1. I love that your doing the 30 day challenge, I think its a perfect start to your blog!!! ps, did you know you can "pre-set" for blogs to post.. Like why your bored at work you can do your weekend posts or your next day posts etc...

    I feel ya on the heels and I love you in your Converse!!!

    I could not agree MORE about our parents shaping what we want in a marriage.. Too be honest I think they've kinda made my standards a little too high..eek ha!

    I wish I had your ability to read all the time, I think reading is a great thing.. Too many people these days don't challenge their brain and keep it stimulating and I think reading is perfect, also learning new knowledge from reading is great, I never want to stop learning in my life!!! Ok I sound like a psych.. sorry ha!

    ReplyDelete