Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Weekly Workout Recap, Week 8

I have no pictures right now because my camera is being weird... so, sorry about that. But we'll make this recap short and sweet and I'll try to find interesting pictures to throw in from my phone :)

I bought this shirt for $2.88 at Academy. $2.88!!

What I was supposed to be doing:

Monday: Rest/Cross-training day
Tuesday: 2 miles @ 9:54 min/pace
Wednesday: Rest/Cross-training day
Thursday: 6 mile tempo run; 4 miles @ 8:26 min/pace
Friday: Rest/Cross-training day
Saturday: Rest/Cross-training day
Sunday: 18 miles @ 9:54 min/pace

What really happened:

Monday: rest rest and more rest
Tuesday: 2 miles @ about 9:00 min/pace with the brother; 30 min Pilates
Wednesday: Jackie Warner's arms & abs circuits; 30 minutes on the bike at the gym
Thursday: 6 mile tempo run; 3 miles @ 8:27 min/pace, 1 mile @ 8:20 min/pace with 1 mile warm up & 1 mile cool down
Friday: Jackie Warner's arms & abs circuits; I don't remember if I did anything else, but I think I might have walked and I don't have my workout log with me so I'll update this later ;)
Saturday: 5k race
Sunday: 18 miles; the first 9 were at a solid 9:50 min/pace, the last 9 varied between speeding up and slowing down; 10 min total body Pilates, 10 min long & limber Pilates

Overall planned miles: 26

Overall actual miles: 29.1




Louie decided to get in a quick run before I went out to conquer 18 miles.


Despite the fact that I really had a hard time getting motivated to work out for most of the week, I feel like my week went pretty well. My 18 mile run went much better than last week's 16 miler, and it left me pretty satisfied with my whole week of workouts.




I'm taking this week really easy because I'm tired and my body just needs a break. That being said, hitting 18 miles was a really big deal for me because it showed me that my body is capable of carrying me through a full marathon. I don't know what it was about making it to 18 but it made it very real and exciting :)


Tell me something exciting about your weekend! We went out for Mexican food on Saturday night and I had the most ginormous margarita of my life! Because I am a lightweight these days, I was also tipsy after that 1 margarita. We also went to see Horrible Bosses. Eh...

9 comments:

  1. $2.88?! Whatttt?! I need to go to your Academy! haha

    yay for taking breaks! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love rockin' deals at Academy!

    Congrats on hitting your 18! That is a lot of mileage, that's for sure!!!

    Didn't have an exciting weekend except we went to Perry's Steakhouse to celebrate my mom's bday, so that was fun/yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. $2.88?!?! Smokin deal!!! Super cute shirt.

    Congrats on the 18 miler!!!!!!! Yeeeaaaaahhhhhh girlie!!!!! You hit a huge milestone- you are so going to be ready to take on 26.2!!! Woooohoooooo!!!!! (Sorry for all of the exclamation marks but there is no other way to show my excitement)

    My weekend was filled with Disneyland on Friday, followed by a 5 miler on Sat, and church and a 9 miler on Sun. We had a great weather, unlike today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Serious congrats on the 18 miler - that is awesome! And, I know how you feel - sometimes you hit a benchmark & it makes you so confident that you can reach that next running level. What a great feeling!

    I didn't do anything terribly exciting this weekend. I was at home with the boys & took them to laser tag, which they thoroughly enjoyed. :-) I'm heading to Las Vegas with my sister & best friend on Friday, so I'm saving up all of my energy for that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spill which Academy you found that at. I was at the one on 1960 and did not find such a lovely deal. Got a skirt on clearance but that's it. I've gotten bathing suits super cheap at the Academy near Greenway Plaza.

    18 miles = rock star. You're gonna kick marathon butt!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You rock for running 18 miles!!! That's awesome!! You should be smiling for days!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Acadamey's deal but I don't think I've even found anything THAT cheap! Awesome job on the 18 miles!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2.88 WOW! I have that shirt in gray... I find them for 14.88 or 9.99 but never 2 dollars!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the cat-on-treadmill photo made me laugh out loud as i sit at my desk and my cat lies slumbering in front of me... which is what she does 23 hours of every day. a treadmill? never!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete