Monday, February 14, 2011

weekend recap

Good morning fellow bloggers!

Let me just go ahead and get it out of the way - Happy Valentine's Day.

And let me just go ahead and get this out of the way too - we don't really celebrate or care about Valentine's Day (gasp! i know! what kind of girl am i?) As the years have progressed I have come to enjoy getting flowers from my sweetheart and random date nights and such. But I just am not a "go all out and have a night out on the town and an extravagant dinner and there better be diamonds in that box" kind of girl. I'm a "let's order pizza and watch a movie" kind of girl (which, in case you're wondering, is EXACTLY how we spent out first Valentine's Day together).

On to this weekend. We did nothing Friday night. We watched four or five episodes of 24 and went to bed. We are PARTY ANIMALS, I know. But there is a very good reason. I am dead on serious about getting back into great shape (I am in good shape, but I am trying to get in the best shape I possibly can because I have a few goals tucked away that I have not - and will not - tell anyone about yet. Except Sean, he knows).

Saturday morning I was going to go to spin class, but Sean and I ended up talking for too long and before I knew it, it was too late to go. I was really really disappointed, but life goes on. I did the 15 minute total body circuit and then cleaned the house and started laundry. Then I hopped onto my bike and rode around for 30 or so minutes. It was glorious - the weather was so nice! It actually ended up being a better bike ride then spin would have been because I got to enjoy the outdoors. Then there was grocery shopping, sushi, supercross and back home.

I'm going to glean over those for now because in all honesty, Sean and I were having a seriously off weekend. I love my husband indescribably, but we are a real-life couple and sometimes we just don't get along. This was one of those weekends. But it happens, I think I'd be a little concerned if it didn't ever happen! And, as I've said before, it makes me SO appreciative of everyday that is pure bliss.

Sunday I did Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown and then went for a brisk 30 minute walk around the neighborhood. Sean and I spent a good part of the day looking for a new dining room table (fingers crossed, we're going to *hopefully* buy one tonight!) and then hopped on his motorcycle and met his parents for dinner at Chuys (DELICIOUS!)... Sean and I split chicken fajitas for one, which was PERFECT. I can't imagine how anyone would finish fajitas for one on their own - they give you such massive portions! I love splitting meals with Sean because I don't feel that uncomfortable full that I feel when I eat a meal on my own. Restaurant portions are HUGE - at least double what you should be eating!

Lecture over.

I am excited for the warmer weather and excited to start biking more. Oh and I have convinced Sean I need my own treadmill and my gym membership! It's a good thing my husband has expensive hobbies, it makes my less expensive ones seem reasonable! :)

I hope you all have a wonderful Monday! My mom and I are running our 5k this weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment